Friday, September 3, 2010

A tiny animation

OK, so I've been working on learning how to use Windows Movie Maker. Just a few minutes ago, I tried to save a little animation to this blog, and then I got antsy, pressing "publish" before the file had actually been uploaded. Sadly, it had some interesting material in it that I don't now have the energy to re-enter. So, I'm just going to post this animation. If anyone is interested at looking at a very basic, three second long animation of a jockey's whip in a re-touched lithograph, then this is for you.

(But this is mostly for me, an experiment in seeing whether or not I could do this.)

The image and sound are both free and legal to use for personal reasons, which is certainly what this is. The image's license can be found here. The sound's publisher requests that no one link to the site. So, I include a citation at the end of this post.

I've been thinking about NY state, and I've been thinking about Saratoga. These two thoughts led me to be thinking jockeys. I did a search for a lithographs, thinking these could be re-touched nicely with the use of GIMP, an open-source photoshopping program. So, with that, I end this entry here.

Tom


A 1 Free Sound Effects. Horses Running. A 1 Free Sound Effects, 2009. MP3.

No comments: